Web development is one of the fastest-growing careers in today’s economy. ICT workforce in Australia is expected to grow significantly, reaching 722,000 workers by 2022. * Monash University Coding Boot Camp was designed to help students develop the skills and professional network needed to capitalise on this high demand.
What you will learn
- Students will learn a full stack, including the skills needed to become proficient front- and backend developers.
- Students gain access to a tutor network, allowing them to get help both inside and outside the classroom.
- Students receive career-planning assistance, including:
- Portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, career content and practice sessions, technical interview training, one-on-one career coaching, soft skills training, and more.
- Access to a dedicated Profile Coach and Career Director that will work with you throughout the program and prepare you to be Employer Competitive.
- Students will also gain industry insights through Tech Talks—quarterly online panels with local industry professionals.
What graduates receive
- A robust portfolio of projects to demonstrate your working knowledge of web development.
- Graduates benefit from a Project Demo Day—quarterly networking event with local professionals to showcase their final projects.
- Continued one-on-one career coaching with your Career Director post-graduation.
- A Certificate of Completion from Monash University showcasing your accomplishments to future employers.
About Monash University
Monash University is a university that makes a difference, and we’re proud of it. We are the largest university in Australia, ranked in the world’s top 100 and a member of the prestigious Group of Eight. We’re named after Sir John Monash, and fuelled by his desire for our students to leave here with a greater sense of purpose, and the skills and confidence to create positive change.
In 60 years, we’ve grown from a single campus into an education and research powerhouse with a presence on four continents, committed to the challenges of the age. Our students are very employable and highly sought after.
Our work is making an impact all over the world, from bringing clean water to villages in Africa to creating new life-saving medicines. With four Australian campuses, one in Malaysia, and over 100 international partners, we’re making a difference on a global scale.
Frequently asked questions
What are the dates of the program?
- Class begins September 30, 2019
Can I keep working while studying at Monash University Coding Boot Camp?
- Yes. The program is designed for working professionals who are actively seeking career change. Classes are held two evenings a week and on Saturdays.
How long is the course?
- Students will complete the part-time program in six months.
Do you provide career planning support?
- All of our students receive pre-graduation career support and coaching, and soft skills training and the support needed to strengthen their portfolio.
- In order to qualify for post-graduation Career Services support, you must successfully complete the program, have legal status to work in Australia and have an approved resume and portfolio of projects, completed and approved by Career Services four weeks prior to graduation.
Do I need to have previous experience in programming before enrolling?
- No. While having some background can help, we have 50 hours of online pre-course tutorials that will get you up to speed and ready to start learning on Day 1.
What sets your boot camp apart from others I can join in Melbourne or elsewhere?
- The Coding Boot Camp is a part-time program that allows working professionals to study web development without leaving work.
- Career support and coaching in collaboration with our Trilogy Education Services partner.
- The Coding Boot Camp curriculum is built based on the most in-demand technologies specific to the Melbourne market.
How many hours a week is the program?
- You can expect to spend approximately 10-12 hours per week in class, held two evenings a week and on Saturdays.
- To be successful our students spend an average of an additional 20 hours per week preparing for class, completing homework and career services assignments.
What are the requirements to complete the program?
- In order to receive a certificate of completion for the program, you must:
- Fulfill your payment obligations prior to the end date of the program
- Attend a minimum of 95% of the class sessions
- Complete 90% of your homework assignments, including 100% of all project work
What is the tuition fee?
- The tuition fee is $12,500 AUD.
- A deposit of $2,500 AUD is required to secure your place in the program.
- There are no additional fees for textbooks or software.
What are the payment options?
- A deposit of $2500 AUD is required to secure your place in the program.
- Individuals can pay the tuition in full by the early registration deadline to be eligible for the early registration discount of $1000 AUD or arrange a payment plan to pay in installments.
- For more information, please call +61 3 8376 1404 to speak with an Admissions Advisor.
What are the computer requirements?
- Mac or Windows laptop
- 8GB ram
- A dual processor (64 bit, no 32 bit)
What are the entry requirements?
- In order to enrol in the program:
- You must be over 18 years of age
- An admission interview and coding test will be conducted to ensure that the course meets your expectations and will add to your employment-related skills.
- You must have paid the deposit
- You must provide proof of residency by submitting documentation that substantiates one of the following:
- an Australian citizen (including dual citizens), or
- a New Zealand citizen (including dual citizens), or
- an Australian permanent resident, or
- a holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
Is the program accredited?
- Students who successfully complete the boot camp will be awarded a Certificate of Completion from Monash University, in collaboration with Trilogy Education Services. The program is not accredited & non award.
About Trilogy Education Services
Trilogy Education is a workforce accelerator that empowers the world’s leading universities to prepare professionals for high-growth careers in the digital economy. Thousands of people around the globe have completed Trilogy-powered programs, and more than 2,000 companies—including 50% of the Fortune 100—employ them.