Why learn cybersecurity at Monash University?
- Through immersive instruction and lab environments, you will learn both the theory and application of tools used by industry professionals.
- You will learn the technical skills needed to be competitive in the field of cybersecurity.
- You will receive career-planning assistance, including:
- Resume and social media profile support, career content and practice sessions, technical interview training, one-on-one career coaching, soft skills training, and more.
- Access to a dedicated Profile Coach and Career Director that will work with you throughout the program and prepare you to be employer competitive.
- You will also gain industry insights through Tech Talks—quarterly online panels with local industry professionals.
- An invitation to the Project Demo Day—a networking event with local professionals to showcase your final project.
- Continued one-on-one career coaching with your Career Director following program completion.
- A Certificate of Completion from Monash University demonstrating your accomplishments to future employers.
- The skills and confidence to join the ranks of industry professionals.
- An impressive collection of knowledge, skills, and abilities that show competitiveness for employment.
Monash University is a university that makes a difference, and we’re proud of it. We are the largest university in Australia, ranked in the world’s top 100 and a member of the prestigious Group of Eight. We’re named after Sir John Monash, and fuelled by his desire for our learners to leave here with a greater sense of purpose, and the skills and confidence to create positive change.
In 60 years, we’ve grown from a single campus into an education and research powerhouse with a presence on four continents, committed to the challenges of the age. Our learners are very employable and highly sought after.
Our work is making an impact all over the world, from bringing clean water to villages in Africa to creating new life-saving medicines. With four Australian campuses, one in Malaysia, and over 100 international partners, we’re making a difference on a global scale.
What are the dates and details of the program?
- Class begins Soon
Can I keep working while studying at the Cybersecurity Boot Camp?
- Yes. The program was designed for working professionals who are seeking to extend their job opportunities or make a career change.
How long is the course?
- learners will complete the program in six months.
Do you provide career planning support?
- All of our learners receive career support and coaching, soft skills training and the support needed to strengthen their portfolio prior to program completion.
- In order to qualify for post-program completion Career Services support, you must successfully complete the program, have legal status to work in Australia and have an approved resume and portfolio of projects, completed and approved by Career Services four weeks prior to program completion.
Do I need to have previous experience in cybersecurity before applying?
- While some background knowledge is helpful, no experience is needed as long as you are dedicated and eager to learn. Our pre-course tutorials will help you prepare for our program.
What sets your boot camp apart from others I can join in Melbourne or elsewhere?
- We offer a part-time program that allows working professionals to study cybersecurity without leaving work.
- learners benefit from a robust set of professional development services in collaboration with Trilogy Education Services partner.
- Our curriculum is built based on the most in-demand technologies specific to the Melbourne market.
How many hours a week is the program?
- learners are expected to spend 10 hours per week in class.
- To be successful, our learners spend an average of an additional 20 hours per week preparing for class, completing homework and career services assignments outside of class.
What are the requirements to complete the program?
- In order to receive a certificate of completion for the program, you must:
- Fulfill your payment obligations prior to the end date of the program;
- Attend a minimum of 95% of the class sessions; and
- Complete 90% of your homework assignments, including 100% of all project work.
What is the tuition fee?
- The tuition fee is $13,500 AUD.
- A deposit of $1,000 AUD is required to secure your place in the program.
- There are no additional fees for textbooks or software.
What are the payment options?
- A deposit of $1,000 is required to secure your place in the program. Deposit payments can be made by Visa or Mastercard.
- Individuals can then either pay the tuition in full by the early registration deadline to be eligible for a $1,000 early registration discount or arrange a payment plan and pay in installments. To find out more, please call +61 3 8376 1404 to speak with an admissions advisor.
What are the computer requirements?
- Mac or Windows laptop
- 8GB ram
- A dual processor (64 bit, no 32 bit)
What are the entry requirements?
- In order to enrol in the program:
- You must be over 18 years of age.
- You must have completed high school.
- An admission interview will be conducted to ensure that the course meets your expectations and will add to your employment-related skills.
- You must have paid the deposit.
- You must provide proof of residency by submitting documentation that substantiates one of the following:
- an Australian citizen (including dual citizens), or
- a New Zealand citizen (including dual citizens), or
- an Australian permanent resident, or
- a holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
Is the program accredited?
- learners who successfully complete the boot camp will be awarded a Certificate of Completion from Monash University, in collaboration with Trilogy Education Services. The program is not accredited & non award.
About Trilogy Education Services
Trilogy Education is a workforce accelerator that empowers the world’s leading universities to prepare professionals for high-growth careers in the digital economy. Thousands of people around the globe have graduated from Trilogy-powered programs, and more than 2,000 companies—including 50% of the Fortune 100—employ them.